Contests and giveaways are a popular and working way to engage your existing WordPress audience and attract and bring new ones. Running these giveaway campaigns manually can be a time-consuming task. And that is where the best WordPress giveaway plugins come for help. These plugins can help you automate the entire process of designing your campaign and choosing the winners and distributing the prizes based on your requirements/preferences. They can also help you with some other additional features, such as social sharing, email verification, and analytics to optimize giveaway campaigns and track their performance.
Whether you are looking to boost your sales, raise your brand awareness or collect user data for lead generation, a WordPress giveaway plugin can be a powerful means to achieve your goals. In this article, we will go over the 5 best WordPress giveaway plugins. We will explore their key features, letting you choose the best fit for your business.
RafflePress is a leading WordPress contest and giveaway plugin on the market. It can help you create engaging campaigns to grow your audience, enrich your email list, and increase the website traffic. RafflePress offers various features such as viral sharing, social media integrations, and drag-and-drop giveaways builders. With its advanced features it makes the campaign performance more successful and easier. On top of that, the plugin offers pre-built templates that are responsive and mobile-friendly, marketing and CRM integrations, and reporting and retargeting tools to keep your giveaways optimized and to-the-point.
Key Features of RafflePress
- Drag-and-drop giveaways builder: RafflePress offers a user-friendly giveaway builder to create your campaigns from the scratch with just a few clicks.
- Viral Giveaway templates: If you want or need to save time on creating and designing your giveaway campaigns, you can make use of the pre-built giveaway templates.
- Fraud protection: RafflePress uses built-in fraud protection to prevent cheating and fraud entries and ensure that your giveaways are fair.
- Social Media integrations: Social Media integrations: The plugin offers seamless integrations with popular and trending social media platforms, including Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, and Twitter. This way, it allows you to share your giveaways across multiple channels and interact with wider audiences.
- Marketing and CRM integrations: Giveaways are also used for lead generation purposes. RafflePress integrates with more than 15 marketing and CRM tools, such as MailChimp and Constant Contact.
- Giveaway landing page: With RafflePress you can create a powerful giveaway landing page that will encourage and attract your website visitors to take part in your giveaways with no strong design skills.
- Tracking and Retargeting: To maximize your giveaways campaign results you need to keep track of its performance. The plugin provides reporting on the campaign performance, participant information and engagement. Based on the reports, you will be able to optimize your giveaways and retarget your potential participants.
- Plus: This plan costs $31.60 per year and gives access to one site and some features, such as time control, multiple prizes, email verification, design options, notifications, etc. Based on the features and limitations, the plan is the best for small companies.
- Pro: The plan costs $79.60 per year and it includes all the features of the Plus plan, plus access to 3 sites and additional features. For example email integrations, polls and surveys, and mandatory actions.
- Growth: This plan costs $159.60 per year and includes all the features of the Pro plan, plus access to 20 sites, and other additional features. For example, viral sharing, landing page, and entries report.
- Ultimate: This lifetime plan costs $399.60 (one-time payment) and is best for agencies and large businesses. It gives access to unlimited sites and includes all the pro features.
Note: RafflePress has huge sales at this point, and the prices above are adjusted accordingly.
2. Simple Giveaways
Simple Giveaways, as its name implies, is an easy-to-use and user-friendly plugin specifically designed for WordPress users. This plugin is used for creating giveaways and is known as one of the best WordPress giveaway plugins. This plugin helps create and host giveaways, improve your contact base, and increase your website and newsletter subscriptions. Simple Giveaways allows you to work right into your WordPress dashboard using shortcodes and blocks. Moreover, it is mobile-responsive, and thus is accessible for any kind of entrants.
Key Features of Simple Giveaways
- Choosing the start and the end date and time of the giveaways campaign
- Choosing the Winner Announcement Date & Time
- Choosing the logo and images that will be displayed on social media (Facebook, Google+, Twitter, Pinterest)
- Automated winner email that will be sent when the winners are notified
- Google Captcha to get rid of spammers and run fraud-free giveaways
- Email notifications: emailing users upon entering the giveaways; reminding participants required days before the giveaway ends
- More than one type of a giveaway, such as popup giveaways, giveaways with multiple prizes, etc.
- Winner selection options: random/non-random, reselecting winners
- Reports to track the performance of giveaways and optimize them based on the data available
- Archive of Giveaways
- Integrations with 20 tools and social media platforms, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Mailchimp, etc.
- Free: The free plan can be a good start for beginners to learn about the plugin. This plan allows access to 1 site and has free integrations. However, it is still limited and will not fully let you discover the unique features of the plugin.
- Premium: This plan costs $49 per year. It gives access to 1 site, premium templates and integrations, automation, email notifications, custom sharing methods, etc.
- Business: The plan costs $69 per year. It includes everything available in the Premium plans, plus additional features, such as WooCommerce integration. The plan gives access to only 1 site.
Gleam is one of the best giveaway plugins on WordPress. It allows businesses to create and run engaging giveaway campaigns both on their WordPress websites and other channels as well. It has a user-friendly dashboard, flexible and advanced features, blog giveaway templates and over 100 integrations. If you are looking to increase your website traffic and visitor engagement with no much effort, Gleam might be the best choice for you.
Key Features of Gleam
- Refer-a-friend: This feature of Gleam allows you to engage users and reach more people by using refer-a-friend or with custom referral links.
- Verified actions: This feature ensures and checks that the entries to social networks actually went through. This helps to prevent fraud and ensure the fairness of the giveaways.
- Random selection: Gleam’s random selection feature helps make selecting your winner simple and fair. This way businesses can randomly select the winner(s) out of the eligible participants’ pool by eliminating those who do not meet the requirements.
- Multilingual support: Gleam supports up to 25 languages, making itself accessible for creators and participants from most parts of the world.
- Mobile responsive widgets: Mobile optimization is important to reach a wider number of people. Gleam’s highly-responsive widgets ensure that people with smartphones or tablets do not experience any problems while taking part in the giveaways.
- Email verification: Since giveaways serve as lead generation sources, having a valid and verified contact base is important. Gleam ensures that all the participants provide a valid email address and confirm them before becoming an eligible contestant.
- Automatic progress updates: This feature helps keep entrants updated and informed about their participation via email.
Gleam is quite flexible in terms of pricing plans and payments. So, you can either buy full packages or each app individually. In case you want to buy full packages, they have separate options of Pro, Business, and Premium plans starting from $97 per month.
Woorise is a web-based platform that allows businesses to run giveaway campaigns and contests. It is both a SaaS product and also has its separate plugin for WordPress users. It is considered as one of the best WordPress giveaway plugins. Woorise offers a range of features from various integrations, email notifications to in-depth analytics to give an overall idea about the campaign performance. Moreover, Woorise supports multiple languages, can be embedded on any kind of website, including WordPress, and fraud detection.
Key Features of Woorise
- Drag & Drop interface: Woorise offers a user-friendly interface that allows users to create giveaways campaigns without any expertise or developer specialists.
- Mobile-friendly: Not only all the campaigns are mobile responsive, but the Woorise dashboard and editing platforms too. They can be edited any time and from any kind of device.
- Analytics: The plugin provides detailed analytics for the creators to track the performance of the giveaways contents and also analyze the user performance.
- Integrations: To navigate the email base, Woorise offers a wide range of integrations with many major email marketing and CRM apps.
- Data export: You can export your participants’ list and data in CSV format. What is good about this feature is that you can better control over the data and set your own filters and segmentations if needed.
- Referral marketing: Encouraging your active users and participants to share the giveaway and contest campaigns by rewarding them can significantly increase your awareness. You can filter these participants with Woorise.
- Email notifications: With this plugin you can automate the process of sending emails to all the participants. You can also use special tags to send more personalized emails to motivate your participants more.
Alongside the free plan, Woorise offers three paid pricing plans: Basic, Grow, and Pro. The plans give access to an unlimited number of campaigns but differ feature options and maximum entry numbers.
- Basic: $23/month, 2000 entries per month, email and chat bot support, and no Woorise branding
- Grow: $39/month, 5000 entries per month, everything included in the Basic plan, plus integrations, email notifications, and 5 team user access.
- Pro: Starting from $79/month and 20000 entries per month, everything included in the Grow plan, plus up to 10 team user access, file uploads, photo voting campaigns, and domain customization.
This is the best contest and giveaway plugin as with its help one can create and run several campaigns, such as giveaways, sweepstakes, raffles, instant prize draws and coupon campaigns and many other forms. SweepWidget stands out with its access to more than 90 entry options, 19 email API integrations, and support for more than 100 languages.
Key Features of SweepWidget
- Over 90+ entry methods to choose from on over 30+ social media platforms, including major ones such as YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, TikTok and others.
- Working anywhere: you can run the online contests and giveaways on any website. For this, you will simply need to embed the widget directly into your WordPress site and access and manage it from your admin’s dashboard. It will require you a single one-line short code to integrate the giveaway onto your site.
- Collect unlimited emails and enrich your contact base for free and export your data in CSV format.
- Organize giveaways in various formats, such as letting users win instant prizes and instant coupons.
- Viral sharing or refer-to-a-friend contents to increase the visibility of the giveaway and other contest campaigns.
- Create a leaderboard competition.
The plugin is fully available for free.
There are many ways of increasing the user engagement and brand awareness of the business. However, giveaways and contests still remain the most engaging ones. They are a type of investment on your end: you encourage your loyal audience with awards and get traffic and sales boost. Running and navigating these giveaways can be challenging especially if you are dealing with large scale audiences. This article aimed to provide you with the best WordPress giveaway plugins to automate most of the time-consuming tasks.