- What are Podcast Plugins?
- What Should You Look for in a Good Podcast Plugin?
- Top 5 Best WordPress Podcast Plugins
Podcast Plugins are amazing for driving sales, making it personal, and generally providing a new format of interesting content for the users to stay more engaging. So, in the Top 5 Best WordPress Podcast Plugins in the 2022 article, we will review the best ones according to experts, testing, and hours of research.
So, if you are ready, let’s start!
What are Podcast Plugins?
Before we start out with the plugins themselves, let’s take a look at what are podcast plugins? Basically, podcasts are episodic audio or video messages (that vary in length), and they are either internet or radio shows. Podcast plugins are plugins that will allow you to host such shows easily without additional coding knowledge.
What Should You Look for in a Good Podcast Plugin?
A good podcast plugin must be:
- Easy to use and does not require additional time and effort to comprehend the functionality
- Straightforward to navigate through
- Offer customization options so that users from the front-end will stay satisfied with the final look.
- Be an affordable price range (as podcast definitely is not the only plugin you are going to purchase)
Top 5 Best WordPress Podcast Plugins
So, now let’s take a look at the Top 5 Best WordPress Podcast Plugins that will assist you in hosting, and adding podcast series/feeds to your website. All of the plugins mentioned in this article are extremely easy to use and have all the qualities mentioned in the paragraph above. We made sure, those will save your time, and offer enough functionality to fulfill your needs.
Liteweight Podcast is a free WordPress podcast plugin that deserves to be on this list due to its advanced functionality. The plugin is developed by bPlugins LLC. It also gets regular updates, has over 700+ active installations on WordPress and has 5 out of 5-star ratings.
- Compatible with all major browsers
- Responsive player
- Social share icons – will make it easier for users to share the episodes, therefore will increase the probability of your site getting more traffic
- Two themes
- User-friendly interface that makes the experience of using a lot easier
- Widget area
- Full customization – gives you flexibility towards the appearance
- HTML5 compatibility
- Supports various audio file types
- Easy to use – simple user interface makes this plugin extremely easy to use, therefore saving your time
- Only features that you truly need – this plugin is quite full-features, however, it still offers features that are most likely to be used, rather than offering a range of features no one ever is going to use
- Responsive for all the screen sizes
- Free – you get so many amazing features for absolutely free
One more noticeable quality of the Liteweight Podcast is that it offers a demo version so that you can check everything out even easier. Here are the demo versions it has:
- Repeatable & Without Social Share
- Without Feature Image
- Disable Download & Settings
- Dark Theme
- New Screen | Wave
How to Install?
The installation process is extremely easy, just follow the steps mentioned down below:
- Go to WP admin’s dashboard from the back-end
- Click on “Plugins” > “Add New”
- On the search line, type “Liteweight Podcast”
- Click on “Install”, and finally on “Activate”
After you activated the plugin you can access it from the left-side menu on your dashboard.
The podcasts will look like this:
MP3 Audio Player for Music, Radio & Podcast by Sonaar is an incredible WordPress podcast plugin. It is quite multifunctional and works great for podcasters and music makers. The functionality of this plugin is excellent; it has Elementor Widget, a native shortcode with many attributes, and a very nice Gutenberg block compatible with the latest version of WordPress. It also allows you to easily add podcasts to any WordPress post or page.
Currently, MP3 Audio Player for Music, Radio & Podcast has 10.000+ active installations on WordPress, gets regular updates, and 5 out of 5-star ratings. All of those numbers definitely indicate the high quality of the plugin. It is also worth mentioning that MP3 Audio Player comes in both free and pro versions, features of which we listed down below.
MP3 Audio Player for Podcasters
If you are a podcaster then this plugin is the right choice to design a high-level podcasting website. With the WordPress MP3 Audio Player plugin you will obtain the following features:
- Unlimited, perfectly customizable podcast players
- Import podcasts from the well-known podcast distributors
- Subscription buttons, Automatic RSS feed update, show notes, as well as Continuous Sticky player (this feature is available in the Pro version)
- Timestamp and audio chapters creator
- Adding episode materials, etc.
This plugin is compatible with:
- Apple Podcasts
- Google Podcasts
- Amazon Music
- Player FM
- iHeart Radio
- RSS Feed
- Castro, etc.
You may find many more other advanced podcasting features on the MP3 Audio Player plugin’s official website.
- Audio Player on HTML5
- Supports formats such as MP3, M4A, and FLAC
- Floated/Boxed layouts for the player
- Audio and radio streaming
- Embed audios with shortcodes
- Soundwave & waveform
- Real-time Dynamic soundwave
- Customization options including colors
- Show/hide functionality
- Call-to-action buttons
MP3 Audio Player Pro
The Pro version of this plugin includes each and every feature of the free one, plus:
- Sticky footer player
- WooCommerce support
- Music Licenses
- Synchronization options
- 70+ styling options for the Elementor Widget
- Thumbnail images
- Speed rate control
- Analytics & reports
- 1 year of priority support
How to Use?
Finally, let’s take a look at the pricing.
In order to know more about features, you can also check out this page.
Podcast Importer SecondLine is a plugin that will allow you to sync podcast RSS feeds with your WP website and easily import podcasts to your website. Also, it is worth mentioning that it supports other podcasting plugins for WP, such as PowerPress and Simple Podcast Press. This plugin comes in with lots of amazing features and functionality that will definitely impress you but, most importantly, be helpful for you.
Also, this plugin gets regular updates and has 6000+ active installations and 5 out of 5-star ratings. All of these numbers indicate the quality of this plugin and the reliability that comes with it.
So, let’s take a look at the main features:
- Import of episodes into custom post types
- Sync of podcast RSS feeds
- Multiple import schedules
- Automatic import
- Embed audio players from 15+ hosting podcast providers
Now, the best part is that Podcast Importer SecondLine comes with the Pro version as well. The main features of the Pro version are:
- Unlimited scheduled imports
- Import of custom taxonomies
- Import of custom post types
- Allows you to also import tags and categories
- It will let you set a global featured image for all the episodes
It has two main plans, detailed features of which you can review here:
How to Use?
To start using Podcast Importer SecondLine, all you need to do is to download it from the back-end. Therefore, visit the admin’s dashboard, click on “new plugins” > “add new,” and on the search line, type “Podcast Importer SecondLine.” Afterward, just click on “Install,” then hit the button “Activate.”
Now you will be able to see and access the plugin from your dashboard menu.
Anchor Episodes Index is an amazing podcast plugin for WordPress website owners who want to host high-value and quality podcasts. Moreover, it is absolutely free. This plugin gets regular updates, has over 1000+ active installations on WordPress, is tested up to the latest versions, and has 5 out of 5-star ratings. Anchor Episodes Index is extremely easy to use. All you need to do is copy and paste the shortcode and taste it on any page or post.
So, let’s review the main features.
- Can run on multiple sites
- Easy to use, meaning that you will save lots of time on the learning curve and rather spend it on more vital tasks.
- Supports various audio formats and also will help you to save a great deal of time on converting audios from one format to another just to be able to upload those on the website.
- Responsiveness – it is responsive to various screen sizes. This feature is extremely important as users access the website from various devices, so you need to adapt it to enhance the overall user experience.
Feeds for YouTube (YouTube video, channel, and gallery plugin) is a WordPress plugin to add YouTube channel feeds to your website. So, basically, you will get an opportunity to display and customize the feeds on your website in a way that it will be displayed as a potent gallery. Besides its main features, the plugin is considered one of the best gallery plugins on WordPress.
This plugin is incredibly popular, having more than 40.000+ active installations and being tested to the latest versions. Also, it gets regular updates and has 5 out of 5-star ratings.
Now, let’s take a look at the amazing features that come with it:
- Customization options: You can literally customize anything. Also, it adopts your theme style.
- Responsiveness: it is responsive to all screen sizes, which is extremely vital nowadays, as users access your website from various devices.
- Lightweight – meaning that it won’t cause issues with the website speed
- Multiple layouts and feeds
- Load more videos with the “load more” button
So, to wrap things up with the best WordPress podcast plugins in 2022 I can say that you can confidently choose any of the plugins from this list. Each plugin listed in this article is of great value and reliability and definitely will serve your needs in the best possible manner. Your choice rather should depend on minor differences and price ranges.
Also, do not forget to share your thoughts on the best WordPress podcast plugins in the 2022 article in the comments section down below.
If you liked the article do not forget to check out our YouTube channel. There are tons of WordPress tutorials! And you can find us on Facebook & Twitter. Here we post interesting updates about upcoming events.