Many events are constantly organized every day around the Globe. We get informed about them via the Internet. And if you have a WordPress website then managing events can be quite easy with the Events Calendar plugin. It is a well-functioned and simple tool to organize and group them in a meaningful and viewable way. So, in this article, we are going to review the Events Calendar plugin and reveal whether it is the most powerful plugin for event management.
The Events Calendar Plugin– Main Features
If you are trying to find a great event management plugin then you are in a right place. Here is the Events Calendar plugin providing you with its free and paid versions.
The number of website owners who have already activated this plugin is 800.000+. And it scores over 1445 of 5-stars in the WP Repository.
Even with its free version, you can easily manage an event calendar on your WordPress site. Moreover, it enables you to create not only in-person but also virtual events and provides all the appropriate and highly customizable tools for it. One more great thing about this plugin is that it is well documented. As well as you can benefit from the Demo version available.
So, the main features of the plugin are mentioned below:
- Events creation by noting their organizers and venues
- Calendar month view with different tools
- Event’s lists and days views
- Support of the Block Editor
- Google Maps and ICalendar export
- Upcoming Events list display through widgets
- Events categories and tags
- Complete AJAX for a smoother browsing process
- Translations available
- Tested on Divi, Genesis, Avada, etc.
- Cache support, and many more functions
As we mentioned above, you can highly benefit from the plugin’s free version if you do not intend to spend money on the payable version. Yet, if you want to get the Events Calendar plugin’s payable Premium version then it is high time you activated one of the below-noted plans:
- 1 site– $99
- 3 sites– $199
- 10 sites– $399
- Multisite– $399
- Unlimited– $799
All the plans contain:
- Premium support and updates for one year
- Recurring events
- Advanced widgets
- Events Manager
- Additional calendar views
- Elementor integration
- Custom fields
- Location search
Moreover, the plugin has a very developer-friendly code and is easily customizable. Besides, you can import upcoming events from other calendars, and change the time zone, as well. After all, you can view the calendars by categorizing them by days, weeks, months. As well as you can specify a certain event by spotting it separately.
As the plugin offers you various shortcodes and blocks, you can actively use them to insert your desired calendar in a preferrable place on your site.
To get the plugin up to date you have to renew it every year. Yet, this does not mean you can not use the plugin without completing the renewal process. When you install and activate it you are free to utilize its features. However, if you do not plan to accomplish the process then you will not receive updates and support.
Special Addons In Free and Pro Versions
Besides the main features available in the Free and Pro versions, the plugin developers offer you to effectively benefit from special addons and integrations:
|Free Version||Pro Version|
|Event Tickets||Events Calendar Pro|
|Advanced Post Manager||Promoter|
|Event Tickets Plus|
So, these are tools that will assist you to bring your calendar to another level. Also, it enables you to utilize email marketing, ticketing, crowdsourcing, and various other features.
You should note that only one calendar can be inserted on every site. Yet, the plugin enables you to utilize event categories or tags to make calendar views that will show only selected items.
Also, due to the plugin’s shortcode availability, you can embed the created events calendar on different pages of your website by filtering the category or the set tag.
Free VS Pro Comparison Table
|Free Version||Pro Version||Feature|
|Events List Widget|
|Sub. with iCal/Google Calendar|
|Pro Support Access|
|Custom Event Fields|
|Calendar Widgets, Blocks|
|Venu, Organizer Pages|
How to Build Event Calendar Using The Plugin?
So, after installing and activating the plugin you will notice some helping guides on the main page, such as:
- “Getting Started Guide“
- “Virtual Event Resources“
As well as you can reveal translations into various languages.
Then moving forward, you may notice the event settings. In the “General” section you can set:
- Number of events to display on every page
- Block Editor usage for events
- Show comments and custom fields meta box
- Currency symbol
- Duplicate organizers and venues
- Remove events older than and permanently delete events older than options
- Map settings
- Miscellaneous settings
- Time zone
As well as you may spot these sections:
- “Integrations” (including Google Map with API key)
Building a New Event Calendar
To “Add New Event” you should follow these steps:
- Write a title for the upcoming event
- Add a description part and media files (if you wish so)
This should be done similarly to the custom posts that you do possibly every day.
After adding the above-mentioned parts you should move forward to the bottom of the page where you need to set up the calendar details, such as:
- Time and Date
- Venue name
- Postal code
- Phone number
- Website (if available)
- Show Map and its link
- Organizer name
- Phone number
- Email address
Not that you can add multiple organizers if you wish.
- Event website
- Event currency
- Currency Symbol
And if you have a Pro version, then you can easily do further customization if you want to have events calendar in an advanced view.
So, after filling in all the required fields you may have this result:
Here is your Event Calendar selected by the “Category“, having a full description and media file inserted. As well as you may notice “Details“, “Organizer“, “Venue“, and the displayed “Map“. Along with this, you can easily add the events to your ICalendar and Google Calendar.
You Might Also Be Interested In…
- After deactivating or removing the plugin your set calendar will not be affected if you later reinstall it. So, the plugin will keep the project for further use.
- To receive premium and quick support you should upgrade to one of the paid plans. Yet, in case you are a free plan user, then you can highly benefit from the above-mentioned guidelines and surely, the WordPress.org forum that is undoubtedly up-to-date.
- If you want the users to submit their events on your own calendar then the plugin offers you the “Community Event” add-on. You can moderate the event submissions or let the users do that immediately.
- In other cases, when you want your users to sell tickets for the presented event then you can check the “Community Tickets” add-on.
- And the last but not least fact about this powerful plugin is that you can sell tickets on your own. This should be done with the help of the “Event Tickets” plugin. It is free enabling you to make RSVPs and event tickets. Along with this feature, you have an opportunity to enjoy PayPal integration and collect the ticket payments via this method.
So, in this article, we have discussed almost all the important features of the “Events Calendar” plugin. It is a beneficial, effective, and simple tool to create events, sell tickets. As well as it allows your users to submit events and sell tickets on their own. So, it eases not only your but also the site users’ experience. The plugin developers offer you a great opportunity to make an event calendar without spending even a single penny. But there are many more important and advanced features in the plugin’s paid version plans at affordable prices. And if you decided to add more events to your calendar, make money by selling tickets, and collecting it via the available payment method then it is high time you chose one of the pricing plans and enjoy the plugin with its many advantages on your WordPress website.
View the Video Tutorial
Must-read articles on WPGlob:
If you want to boost your website speed and get a more rapid load time then it would be better to use cache plugins. In the following article, we have presented 5 best WordPress Cache Plugins for your choice:
Take additional steps to secure your WordPress website with highly-effective plugins that are too easy to use:
Make your website content SEO-friendly by optimizing it with the best SEO plugins available on the WP Plugin Directory. Choose one for your easy usage:
- The Most Flexible Wishlist for WooCommerce – Analytics and Emails Plugin – Review 2023 - November 1, 2022
- Quform Plugin Review 2023 – The Only WordPress Form Plugin You Need For Your Site - October 24, 2022
- WooCommerce Product Filters Plugin by Barn2 Review - October 19, 2022