Even in this ever-changing landscape of digital communication, email marketing still remains the go-to for businesses to connect with people. It is a great means to engage your audience, build a base of loyal customers, constantly update them on your news, and promote your products and services. Having well-made newsletters can be time consuming. But guess what will make it work for you “behind the scenes?” Yes, newsletter plugins.
In this article, we will look at five of the best WordPress newsletter plugins for 2024. If you want to boost your customer engagement and stay in the loop, these plugins are your must-haves. You will find each of the plugin’s key features and make a well-informed decision for your business. Let’s get started!
Omnisend takes the top spot as the best WordPress newsletter plugin. Built with e-commerce merchants in mind, this plugin lets you create newsletters that don’t just communicate but also help you make sales.
With over 250 pre-made templates at your disposal, crafting eye-catching newsletters that truly resonate with your audience has never been easier, while Omnisend’s intuitive drag-and-drop email builder lets you speed up that process to mere minutes.
In fact, Omnisend doesn’t just stop at basic newsletter campaign creation: You get pre-built automation workflows, allowing you to send out your newsletters on autopilot. What’s more, these workflows, combined with unlimited segmentation options, let you target your audience precisely, ensuring your messages reach the right people at the right time.
On top of all that, Omnisend’s award-winning 24/7 customer support is renowned for its quick response time. Averaging at under 4 minutes, their support team ensures you get help whenever you need it.
- Intuitive drag-and-drop email & signup form builders
- 250+ pre-made templates
- Pre-built automation workflows
- Unlimited segmentation options
- Award-winning 24/7 customer support
- Seamless integration with WooCommerce & WordPress
The Free plan includes all features and is perfect for starters, allowing up to 250 contacts, 500 monthly email sends, 60 SMS, and 500 web push notifications.
If your needs exceed these limits, Omnisend offers the Standard plan starting at $16/month and the Pro plan from $59/month, providing higher sending limits and free SMS credits.
The second place goes to Newsletter for being one of the best WordPress newsletter plugins in 2024. It comes in handy with several key features for building your contact base, delivering, automating and tracking your emails. With their redesigned interface, experience what a real drag-and-drop email builder looks like.
Newsletter offers 15 block types to choose from, making sure your emails are never boring and dull for your recipients. Add videos, gifs, and social media buttons to your emails and make them more appealing.
Besides letting you deliver eye-catching newsletters, Newsletter lets you enrich your contact base by integrating opt-in fields into your website. At the same time, it is GDPR-compliant, so there won’t be privacy and security issues.
- Easy-to-use email composer
- Enhanced email tracking with insights and statistics
- Delivery speed of 12 emails per hour
- Subscription spam check
- Unlimited subscribers
- Unlimited newsletters
- 35+ professional addons
The “Basic” plan is free of charge and is quite generous itself, offering all the necessary features for starters and newbies. It also includes 10+ free addons to further enhance users’ experience.
For an even better experience, Newsletter has two premium plans: “Blogger” at $79 (3-site) and “Agency” (unlimited sites) at $269. They both come with advanced features and with access to 30+ professional add-ons.
Trusted by 700,000+ WordPress users and with a 4.5/5 ranking, MailPoet proves to be one of the best WordPress newsletter plugins. It is highly compatible with WordPress and is the best plugin for any kind of user, from beginners to experts.
It works out of the box: everything is on your WordPress dashboard, and you don’t need to navigate through various platforms.
You can either compose your newsletters from scratch or use MailPoet’s pre-made themes responsive for all types of electronic devices.
Not only send newsletters but also create automated notifications for different cases: abandoned cart, first purchase, product category, and so on.
- Easy-to-use newsletter builder on WordPress
- Highly-responsive pre-made templates
- Segmentation options based on behavior
- WooCommerce emails: abandoned cart, first purchase, product category
- Google Analytics integration
- Transactional emails
- 19 official and 9 community translations
Send up to 5000 emails per month with the free plan for up to 1000 subscribers. Enhance the effectiveness of MailPoet with its two premium plans. The “Business” plan starting at $10 lets you send unlimited newsletters for your 500 subscribers. “Agency” includes everything in the “Business” and functions on 50 sites.
Smaily for WooCommerce is a specialized plugin designed to integrate seamlessly with your WooCommerce store, bringing a new level of efficiency and effectiveness to your email marketing strategy.
This is not just a plugin; it’s a complete email marketing solution that simplifies and elevates your marketing efforts. Its range of features, from seamless subscriber integration to effective abandoned cart reminders, makes it an indispensable tool for any e-commerce business seeking to streamline and enhance their email marketing.
- Seamless integration for subscriber management: Integrating your WooCommerce store with Smaily is a straightforward process. This feature allows automatic synchronization of newsletter subscribers to your Smaily subscribers list, simplifying subscriber management and ensuring accuracy.
- User-friendly subscription options: The plugin includes a secure, CAPTCHA-equipped subscription form, enhancing the user experience. Additionally, it offers the flexibility to add a subscription option in the checkout area, maximizing opportunities for customer engagement at a pivotal point in their purchasing journey.
- Daily two-way synchronization: Maintain up-to-date subscriber lists with daily synchronization between WooCommerce and Smaily. This ensures consistent alignment of customer data, particularly for unsubscribe statuses, keeping your marketing efforts targeted and relevant.
- Effortless product promotion with RSS-feed: Smaily for WooCommerce simplifies product promotion in your email campaigns. The customizable RSS-feed feature allows easy integration of product categories into your email templates, streamlining your marketing communications.
- Abandoned cart reminders: This tool automatically notifies customers about their abandoned shopping carts, nudging them to complete their purchases. It’s an effective way to engage customers and recover potential sales.
- Straightforward plugin installation and configuration: Installing and setting up Smaily for WooCommerce is hassle-free. After adding the plugin from the WooCommerce store, a simple configuration using your Smaily credentials integrates it with your system.
- Customizable widgets and enhanced synchronization: Adding the Smaily Widget to your site is easy, providing additional customization for your email campaigns. The customer synchronization feature enhances the management of your subscriber list, ensuring your communications are always on point.
- Opt-in opportunities at checkout and custom RSS feeds: Incorporate a newsletter subscription checkbox in your checkout process to grow your subscriber base. The product RSS feed feature, allowing the import of up to 250 latest products into your email templates, ensures your emails are always up-to-date and relevant.
Smaily has an affordable and reasonable pricing strategy. Its monthly plan includes all the key features, free plugins and integrations, API access, and supports more than 2000 subscribers. You can customize the pricing with the slider. The tailored pay-as-you-go package includes everything in the monthly package, plus the unlimited number of subscribers lets you order as many credits as you need.
The fifth place goes to Sender as one of the best WordPress newsletter plugins. Whether you are just starting out filling your customer base or you have a base of loyal subscribers, Sender is your go-to for a couple of reasons. Its email pop-up and newsletter sign-up will help you grow your list of “fans.”
Alongside email marketing, Sender allows you to back up your notifications and send SMS messages to ensure even higher deliverability. Regarding deliverability, Sender’s high-reputation infrastructure promises that your emails often appear in your recipients’ inboxes rather than in their spam folders.
Finally, easily create email sequences with Sender for different purposes: abandoned cart, welcome feedback and review, order confirmations, etc.
- Email and SMS performance reports
- Higher deliverability and open rates
- Email pop-ups and sign-up forms
- 24/7 Live Chat Support
- Email templates library
- Email sequence types
- Automation workflows
Sender has four plans for users with different levels of needs. With the forever-free plan, send up to 15000 emails to up to 2500 subscribers. If you want to go beyond email automation, try the “Standard” plan, starting at $15.83 and allowing up to 30K emails, or “Professional” with up to 60K messages, starting at $29.17.
As we wrap up the exploration of the best WordPress newsletter plugins for 2024, it’s clear the number one criterion still remains ease of use. Plugins should relieve your tasks and not become another source of worry. So, we narrowed down the list to these five user-friendly newsletter plugins you will not regret using. Each of them meets different needs, so make sure to first evaluate your situation and then seek the most appropriate plugin. Your choice might depend on what stage you’re currently at: are you just starting out, or do you already have a rich base of subscribers? That’s something to consider when choosing a newsletter plugin. These brief introductions will help you find the plugin your business needs at this point.