There are plenty of ways to increase the WordPress site conversion rate and the number of its subscribers. So, if seek to find exactly those ways then you will consider this article very helpful and informative. Because here we shall answer 2 questions: “What are the popups?” and “What are the best Popup plugins for WordPress?”.
What are the Popups?
If you want to convert your WordPress site users into subscribers then it is high time you knew about popups. They increasingly expand the conversion rank on your website. So, the popups are the source of gathering qualified leads and increasing the number of subscribers with their email addresses. It serves to make your user’s experience more entertaining and challenging.
But while creating popups you need to be very careful. As boring ones can harm your website’s reputation being very annoying for users. It is better to consider your main user’s interests while putting popups on your website. This means that you should use a target, and consider the site analytics. Besides, it is more important to choose good plugins. Because incorrectly selected plugins may damage your WordPress site by slowing it down or decreasing your SEO rank.
Moreover, you need to choose a popup plugin that will work with your WP hosting environment. Many popup plugins can be coded quite poorly so that some of their features do not match with the most advanced caching solutions.
Before choosing a popup plugin you need to consider the number of offered templates, campaign types, customized triggers, and E-mail marketing service integration. It would be better if the plugin offers you a high-quality support service and is easy to use.
So, let us reveal which is the best popup plugin for 2022.
1. Popup Maker
Having over 700.000+ active installations the Popup Maker WordPress plugin scores “4.9” out of “5-star” on WordPress.org.
This plugin offers you many types of popups, such as:
- Lead generation
- Covid-19 notifications
- Content upgrade
- Contact form
- EU cookie notices
- Popup notices for WooCommerce upsell
- E-mail opt-in, etc.
The Popup Maker WordPress plugin integrates with:
- Caldera forms
- Contact form 7
- Ninja forms
- Formidable forms, and much more
You may highly benefit from Popup Editor. This will help you to create any content inside the popup. Additionally, you are capable of changing the popup size, location, animation, color, etc.
Due to its targeting features, you can easily determine who will see the created popups.
Cookie Creation Events enables you to control the popup displaying frequency.
Yet, to get access to more advanced features such as Exit Intent, Scheduling, Advanced Targeting Conditions, etc., you need to activate the Pro version. Here are the offered yearly packages:
- Start- $87
- Grow- $147
- Optimize- $247
One of the common issues that users encounter while using this WordPress plugin is that the “Start” package is branded and you can not remove the logo.
If you like to create eye-catching and interesting popups, call-to-actions, and opt-ins, then this WordPress plugin is exactly for you. Icegram has more than 40.000 active installations and a “4.7” out of “5-star” rating.
With the help of Icegram, you can customize almost every type of popup. As well as you can target your popups, and get various advanced features in the Pro version. Icegram offers you 2 Premium plans:
- Pro- $97 per year,
- Max- $147 per year.
Here are the main features of the plugin:
- It is easy and quick to use,
- You can create:
- Slide-in Messengers
- Header and Footer bars
- Toast notices
- Targeted opt-ins
- Customize messages
- Beautiful themes.
- E-mail marketing integrations with:
- Constant Contact, etc
- Display Targeting
- No logo to identify the brand
- Quick support
- Automatic updates
- Geo-Targeting (Pro version)
- Analytics and reports (Pro version)
- Exit Intent (Pro version), etc.
Yet, some WordPress users claim that the plugin offers only limited targeting features.
3. Popup Maker
The next plugin is Popup Maker. Due to its advanced features, you may move your website to another level. The plugin has over 10.000 active installations and a 4.6 out of 5-star rating. The popups made with this plugin can include the following components:
- Image and video
- HTML popup
- Subscription and contact popup
- Facebook and Social popups
- Age restriction, etc.
Here are some of the main functionalities of the WordPress Popup Maker plugin including but not limited to these features:
- Unlimited popup creation
- Popup customization
- Animation effects
- PayPal popups
- Spinner popups
- Google Analytics integration
- The popup only displayed once to the same visitor
- Exit-intent function
- Targeting via the geolocation
- Custom cookies, and much more
It provides not only good features for making a popup but also has a good customer support service.
The plugin allows a 21-days free trial period before activating the Pro version. Here are the Popup Maker’s premium packages:
- Individual– $6.95 per month
- Professional– $14.95 per month
- Enterprise– $21.95 per month
- Agency– Negotiable
All these packages are billed annually. And only for the Agency plan, you need to contact the Popup Maker plugin’s team to determine the demands and the appropriate pricing for it.
4. Hustle – Email Marketing, Lead Generation, Optins, Popups
Hustle is the best marketing plugin for growing a mailing list and increasing website traffic.
With easy-to-use opt-in forms, targeted marketing popups, and professionally designed templates, promoting your deals, discounts, and giveaways have never been simpler.
Hustle simplifies and quickens the process thanks to pre-designed templates for a number of different use cases.
Moreover, Hustle’s various social sharing features can help you gain a social following while you’re at it.
- Choose and customize every aspect of your marketing modules, including colors, typography, animations, layouts, display conditions, and many more.
- Control where, how, and who can interact with your marketing modules. Set up advanced conditions for things like certain posts and pages, visitor devices and browsers, countries, browser cookies, and a ton more.
- Schedule exactly when you want your marketing modules to deploy.
- Follow up with visitors via email and build an initial connection as soon as they engage with your marketing module.
- Build your following on your favorite social networks with Hustle icons of numerous top-rated social media platforms.
- Embed forms, polls, and quizzes into popups and slide-ins Forminator integration.
- Grow email list and collect subscribers thanks to numerous integrated email services (MailChimp, SendinBlue, AWeber, and more).
- Track how many times pop-ups, slide-ins, and opt-ins are displayed.
The free version of Hustle is available in the WordPress.org depository. The free version offers rather a lot, but if you are eager to take your marketing modules to a whole new level then Hustle Pro is definitely a good choice.
The premium version of Hustle starts from $7.50/month and plus has 7 days free trial.
If you seek to expand your subscribers’ list, then it is high time you downloaded the Sumo plugin. It may promote your online business conversion rate and sales.
The plugin has almost 60.000 active installations and a “4.2” out of “5-star” rating.
Here are the essential principles you need to know about Sumo:
- Create popups and opt-ins with Sumo
- Use Multiple Opt-ins
- Connect with many platforms for E-mail Marketing
- Get different themes and templates
- Have a basic A/B test and statistics
- Sumo also offers you:
- WooCommerce integration
- Quick support service
- GDPR compliance
- SEO guidelines
Sumo suggests its Pro package which costs $39 per month.
Yet, most of the users claim that the traffic is limited. But by paying for the Pro version packages you will increase the traffic.
Do you look for the popup-making plugin to have deep personalizing and targeting features? If yes, then the OptinMonsters plugin is definitely for you. It has over 1.000.000 active installations and a “4.5” out of “5-star” rating. With this plugin you are able to make:
- Popup campaigns
- E-mail subscription forms
- Sticky announcements
- Opt-in forms, etc.
OptinMonster is highly responsive. As it suggests mobile pop-ups, can effectively perform on mobile, notebooks, tablets, etc.
It is SEO optimized and has a good customer support service.
The OptinMonster plugin presents these functions:
- Drag and Drop feature
- Pre-made templates
- Exit Intent system
- Personalization based on behavior
- A/B testing
- Constant Contact
- Zapier, etc.
If you want to access some other advanced features then you can activate the Pro version. There are 4 monthly packages. It is important to know that the cost will be charged annually.
- Basic- $9
- Plus- $19
- Pro- $29
- Growth- $49
7. Popup Box
If you are trying to find a responsive popup maker plugin you are on the right way. Here is the Popup box. It has more than 3.000 active installations and a “4.5” out of “5-star” rating.
With this plugin, you may even control whether your popup opens with a click on it or without it. You may simply add other components from other plugins by simply using a shortcode. The plugin enables you to have popups on various pages of your site. You can make the popups even more entertaining by adding animation to them.
Here are some of the plugin’s benefits:
- You can write an interesting title on the popup.
- Add a popup description on it.
- Determine the box width and height.
- Schedule the popup’s opening and set an expiration time.
- Select a theme, template, color, size, radius, and animation for the popup.
- You can have an HTML popup.
- Write shortcodes to utilize other WP plugins’ features.
In addition to these Free functions you may expand them with reports, limitation count, Yes/No popups, video popups, etc. by activating the plugin’s Pro version. Here are the Premium packages:
- Business- $22
- Developer- $64
The next plugin uses the Fear of missing out (FOMO) idea. So, if you like to have increased sales or conversion rate, then you will probably benefit from the TrustPulse plugin. It has more than 20.000 active installations and a “5” out of “5-star” rating.
It is interesting that this plugin uses social proof to help you promote your online business. By introducing the social proof through the popups you will more likely to succeed. So the plugin offers you:
- Time control
- Live stream of Woocommerce sales, site sign-ups, E-mail newsletter sign-ups, and other events going on your website
- FOMO triggers
- Design functions
- FOMO analytics
It is very easy to use and offers two packages- Free and Pro. The monthly prices for the Premium version are:
- Basic- $5
- Plus- $10
- Pro- $19
- Growth- $39
The WordPress Poptin plugin is considered one of the best free exit-intent popups, contact forms, lead generation popup builders. Currently, the plugin scores up to 10.000 active installations and has a 4.9-star rating.
It can help you to expand your email list, generate leads, and improve your sales.
Here are the Poptin plugin’s options:
- Spinning popups
- Integration to Integromat
- Inactivity Trigger
- Drafts and Autosaving
- Different types of fields
- Coupon element
- Drag and Drop features
- Exit-intent technology
- MailChimp, GetResponse, ConvertKit, Klaviyo, ActiveCampaign, Zapier, etc. integrations
- A/B testing
- Creating an SEO friendly popups
- GDPR Compliance
- Gamified popups, and much more
The plugin developers offer you a payable Pro version. Here are the pricing plans:
- Basic– $25 monthly
- Pro– $59 monthly
- Agency– $119 monthly
Watch the tutorial:
In conclusion, we would like you to notice, that popups are very important for boosting your website or an online business. So, if you like to convert common visitors into real customers you need to use popups on your website. Moreover, they must be interesting, eye-catching, and full of important info, that your customers are more likely to appreciate. So rather than creating annoying and boring popups, it is better you installed a qualified one. Your selection will highly improve or conversely decrease the interest in your website.
In this article, we mentioned some of the best popup plugins that will bring your website or online business to another level. So you need to select one of them and dive into the deep list of the suggested features.
- The Most Flexible Wishlist for WooCommerce – Analytics and Emails Plugin – Review 2023 - November 1, 2022
- Quform Plugin Review 2023 – The Only WordPress Form Plugin You Need For Your Site - October 24, 2022
- WooCommerce Product Filters Plugin by Barn2 Review - October 19, 2022