Can you embed WordPress with Shopify? The answer is “Yes!”
Integrating Shopify into your WordPress store will give you flexibility and let you hit two birds with one stone. This means you will not need to navigate through your stores, make changes for each, and update them separately. Instead, you will only have one dashboard, your Shopify page, where your changes will automatically reflect on WordPress.
After reading this article, you will learn the ins and outs of integrating WordPress with Shopify. We will compare Shopify and WordPress, the benefits of combining them, the most reliable plugin for embedding them, and the detailed way of getting started.
Is It Better to Use Shopify or WordPress?
Both Shopify and WordPress are leading platforms that help build websites and stores. Each platform has a distinctive set of tools and features and offers its own advantages.
WordPress is considered the best website builder in general. Some of its key features are:
- Free: building a website on WordPress is entirely free of charge. You can also find some good free themes.
- Flexible: WordPress can be used for many purposes, such as eCommerce, blogging, press, etc. You are free to customize it to your preferences.
- Huge library of plugins: It offers free, as well as paid, plugins and themes for its users and a vast base of user-generated apps.
- WooCommerce integration: Besides hosting websites, WordPress also allows to build online stores with WooCommerce integration, which is again free to download.
On the other hand, Shopify specializes in creating online retail stores. It is a popular eCommerce platform where vendors and consumers can transact easily. Here are some features Shopify stands out with:
- Ease of use: Shopify is known for its user-friendly and intuitive dashboard. It is the first choice of beginners who need to create a website in a couple of steps.
- App Store: Shopify has a vast set of apps that can help you improve your store’s functionality from marketing to inventory.
- Mobile-responsive: The Shopify website and the themes are made to be mobile-friendly for all kinds of users.
Read our comparison of WordPress vs. Shopify here.
The versus list can go on and on, but it will not change the fact that both Shopify and WordPress are strong players in the market. You can take something valuable from the first and something else from the second. So, why not combine them? This way, you will bring all the advantages to just one dashboard and not struggle with running two platforms. Let’s now see what you need to get started!
How to Get Started?
If you realize and await the advantageous results of the “WordPress with Shopify” combination, then let’s see to it!
First, you need to set up your Shopify and WordPress websites. Sign up here to create your website with Shopify in minutes. In contrast to WordPress, here you do not need to get a hosting provider because Shopify includes hosting as part of its services.
To create your WordPress website, you can either go to WordPress.org or WordPress.com. The only difference is that to create a website on WordPress.org, you will also need to acquire a domain, which, by the way, is included in the services of WordPress.com.
After successfully having your websites done, you can now move on to embedding WordPress with Shopify. To do so, follow the following actions:
- Go to your WordPress admin’s dashboard.
- Go to Plugins > Add New
- Search ShopWP Pro > Install > Activate
And you are good to go!
How to Integrate WordPress with Shopify?
You have completed these “prerequisites,” let’s now proceed to the actual process. Here comes ShopWP, a WordPress Shopify plugin that will help you seamlessly connect WordPress to Shopify. The whole process is as easy as 123, so you will not need to deal with much stuff. After installing and activating the ShopWP plugin, go to its dashboard and to the “Connect” section. Click on the “Connect your Shopify store” button:
And insert your Shopify domain:
Now go to your Shopify dashboard and grant access to your store from your WordPress website. Go back to the WordPress dashboard and make the main configurations.
You can go to the “Settings” section and customize where you want to direct your customers when buying from your store or what you want to sync besides the default “products” and “collections”.
To do syncing, you can go to the “Sync” settings and choose one of the options available: one-time and automatic syncing.
You have the ability to customize the look and feel of products using Gutenberg blocks and shortcodes.
After choosing “Products,” you can display them on your WordPress view page with no further effort:
What are the Key Features of ShopWP?
The ShopWP plugin will let you sell your products and manage your inventory in just one dashboard. It will be a small investment from your side to make your job easier for managing your business. It is a handy tool and has an impressive set of tools, such as but not limited to:
- Automatic syncing: Keeps your WordPress product pages updated whenever you change your Shopify store. So, you do not need to constantly sync your data each time you make some changes, such as the product name or price.
- Cart experience: ShopWP creates its own cart experience out of the box, with no further configuration.
- Gutenberg block: ShopWP offers up to 13 Gutenberg blocks, letting you customize the look and the feel of your products. You can easily choose how you want to display your Shopify products on WordPress.
- Shortcodes: Alternatively, ShopWP also allows its users to use shortcodes to display the Shopify products to their liking.
- Image crop and sizing: In the general settings, you can make some configurations regarding the display image and thumbnail sizes to match the look of your WordPress website.
- Cross-domain tracking: This plugin provides monitoring and tracking via Google Analytics.
- ShopWP gives its users the ability to embed buy buttons for Shopify products directly into WordPress and sync them into WordPress as custom post types.
There is always an easy way out! With such an app like ShopWP you can run your business more efficiently by combining different platforms into one place. Not only will you be able to save time with this plugin, but you will also boost your online sales and grow your business. Hopefully, this guide answered all your questions and showed how easy this process is with ShopWP. Don’t forget to leave your comments below and share your experience with us!
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1: Can Shopify integrate with WordPress?
A1: Yes, you can. The ShopWP made it possible for users needing WordPress Shopify integration for better and faster business management. You can explore their documentation to understand the tool and its features better.
Q2: How to use Shopify with WordPress? / How do I embed a Shopify store into my WordPress site?
A2: While the whole process is simple and easy, you might still find trouble with it if not seeing the whole process in action. So, you can watch this tutorial by WPGlob to go deeper and see all the details. (the review video made by us will be displayed here)
Q3: Is Shopify better than WooCommerce?
A3: These platforms are similar yet different with their unique features. You will need to do thorough research and set some criteria you need to achieve with the chosen platform. We recommend you have both since it would not hurt to have both. Likewise, we have a better solution: you can embed WordPress with Shopify and enjoy the combined efficiency.
Q5: Do you have to be a developer to use ShopWP?
A5: Unless you want to do some significant customization, you do not need any coding or developing expertise to work with ShopWP. Everything works out of the box here! For some medium/large configurations, you will need to have basic knowledge of CSS or PHP.
Q6: Do I need to update my WordPress each time I make changes to my Shopify store?
A6: No, you absolutely do not need to! This is why ShopWP is here to free you from that time-consuming task. You can use ShopWP’s automatic syncing feature to automatically reflect all the changes made on Shopify to your WordPress website in no time. This will help you reduce the risks of inventory mismatch between your stores.
Q7: Can I try ShopWP before I purchase the pro version?
A7: Absolutely! ShopWP allows you to test all its features to make a well-informed decision in the end. You can download the free version of ShopWP here. If you want to try the Pro version, you can reach out to them via email.
Q8: Can I use this and Shopify at the same time?
A8: Of course! Using ShopWP will not prevent you from using any of the websites, neither WordPress nor Shopify. It will not get in the way in any case.
Q9: Does ShopWP install Shopify functionality into WordPress?
A9: ShopWP does not bring Shopify functionalities to WordPress but rather allows you to sync and reflect the data you want on your WordPress website. Bringing the functionalities to WordPress would make it a Shopify-like platform.