Comparison of Best WordPress Cookie Consent Plugins
So, after realizing the importance of cookie notices on WordPress websites, we are going to present a comparison of the best WordPress cookie consent plugin.
1. Cookie Consent Manager by Termly
So, here is the first plugin – Cookie Consent Manager from our list providing an all-in-one solution for compliance. This tool is mostly foreseen for small businesses. Therefore, it does not require you to pay thousands of legal fees. With Termly you will be 100% up to date and compliance privacy laws, such as:
- ePrivacy Directive
With this plugin, you are able to make a policy for your cookies and create a cookie consent banner.
Here you may spot the key features of the Cookie Consent Manager plugin:
- Auto Blocker for Cookies: This detects, categorizes, and blocks some scripts from proceeding according to the unique cookie settings.
- Cookie Consent Banner: The plugin provides a highly customizable cookie consent banner to collect user consent and approve the compliance with GDPR, CCPA, and ePrivacy Directive easily. One of the main advantages of this banner is that it serves the appropriate language according to the users’ location.
And all these funcrions are free of charge completely.
But in case you want to access features like more than 1 legal policy, banner visitors, etc. then you may upgrade to the Termly’s paid plans:
- Starter – $10 per month
- Pro+ – $15 per month
2. iComply Cookie Notice for WordPress
The next plugin from our list is iComply Cookie Notice for WordPress. It helps you to create
Cookie notification messages include the needed links as well as implement 2 buttons for the user interaction.
The iComply Cookie Notice plugin is fully EU cookie law compliant. It is quite easy to use. Moreover, due to its high level of flexibility, you can add your desired cookie alert message text, customize the color, message position, etc. without hustles. So, the cookie message will match your website’s entire style which is also very important.
So, here are the key benefits of this plugin:
- Easy setup process
- Fast and caring support
- Customization ready
- 3 color themes
- 4 positions
Another important feature is that the plugin will never show the same cookie alert message if the customer previously marked it as consent.
The iComply Cookie Notice for WordPress plugin has only a paid version. It is also presented on CodeCanyon. And you may purchase it with this pricing:
- Regular License – $14
- Extended License – $99
3. GDPR Cookie Consent Notice Box
So, the third plugin from our list is GDPR Cookie Consent Notice Box that is developed by Radical Web Design. Currently, the plugin has 1,000+ active installations and 7 5-star ratings on WordPress.
It is an easy and very handy way to make your website visitors know that you are using cookies.
The WordPress GDPR Cookie Consent Notice Box performs very well because the JS file is asynchronously loaded when the entire page has loaded. Therefore, the plugin does not affect your website speed.
Here are some of the plugin’s features:
- Lightweight (has a low system resource usage)
- Cookie message customization
- Out-of-the-box translations into English, Romanian, Portuguese, German, French, Italian, and Polish
- Background and text color selection
- Container width customization
- Setting expiration time for cookies
- Changing a target attribute in the “Learn more” link or hiding it, etc.
If you do not want to install a plugin for adding cookies to your website then this plugin offers you to use it without the setup processes.
The GDPR Cookie Consent Notice Box plugin provides only a free version. That means that you can obtain all of these beneficial features without spending even a single penny.
4. Seers – GDPR & CCPA Cookie Consent and Compliance
Next is the industry-leading privacy and cookie consent management platform – Seers. By using this plugin, the companies will comply with:
Through the Seers plugin, you will get various compliance tools with the highest level of data protection. Some of the key features and functionalities of this plugin are presented below:
- Cookie Consent Management: Helps to install and style cookie banners. Through it, you will conduct cookie consent management.
- Subject Request Management: With these features, you can gather, detect, and make data subject requests management.
- GDPR Staff Training: Helps to train your staff with GDPR knowledge by providing certificates.
- Templates Pack: Gives all templates for data protection and privacy.
- GDPR Audit: Evaluates GDPR compliance and provides recommendations and certificates.
You can find out other significant features that will benefit your website cookie consent management.
The free version includes some of those features. But in order to use the plugin with all its advanced features, you need to upgrade to one of the Pro plans. Here is the pricing:
- Basic – £6.99 per month
- Pro+ – £12.99 per month
- Ultimate – £24.99 per month
So, the fifth plugin from our best cookie consent plugins list is EasyCookie developed by 21 Tools.
It adds a mobile-friendly and responsive cookie notification to your website for complying with GDPR. So, if your website offers services for European visitors then it should have compliance with GDPR. Here are the key functions of this plugin:
- Two themes supported
- Determining the notification position (Top, Bottom of the page)
- Page scroll auto-accept
- Cookie validity date setting
- Lightweight plugin support
- Compatible with bootstrap at all 100%
- Emoticons inserting
- Checked security vulnerability
Besides, the plugin is very easy to install. It is highly customizable to suit your WordPress website style.
Furthermore, the plugin supports many major browsers, such as:
- Google Chrome
- Internet Explorer
Although the EasyCookie plugin does not provide a free version it has affordable pricing:
- Regular License – $17
- Extended License – $45
- Customization – you have an opportunity to customize the cookie notice banner to make it suit your website with size, colors, and styles.
Installing the plugin is very easy. It requires just a one-step signup process, simple customization for options, and cookie banner insertion without any hustles.
The users are able to use the plugin free forever. But there are also paid plans that allow mostly the organizations to take more control over the cookie consent management. Here are the pricing plans:
- Premium – €99 per year
- Enterprise – custom price (this is foreseen for big organizations to fulfill their special needs and requirements)
|Cookie Consent Manager by Termly||Free + $10-$15|
|iComply Cookie Notice for WordPress||Free + $14-$99|
|GDPR Cookie Consent Notice Box||Free of charge|
|Seers – GDPR & CCPA Cookie Consent||Free + £6.99- £24.99|
|Truendo||Free + €99 (and custom price for enterprises)|
As you understood, it is quite easy to implement cookie notice on your website. This is especially essential for your site visitors. Because knowing what cookies are used when they are on the website is crucial. Especially if the visitors are from the EU countries. So, through these plugins, you are able to add unique cookie notices and design them according to your website style. Furthermore, tracking the users and collecting data in the frame of GDPR and CCPA compliance will give you valuable knowledge about your audience. Which can benefit also your further activities on your website as well as better targeting your potential users.
Promote your WordPress plugin or SaaS product with WPGlob. Choose your preferred service from the list.
If you liked the article do not hesitate to find us on Facebook and Twitter. For interesting WP tutorials, please subscribe to our YouTube channel.
- Prices By User Role for WooCommerce Plugin | Review - June 8, 2023
- Top Features of SEO Plugins – Guide for WordPress Users - June 5, 2023
- Must-Have Features of a Quiz Plugin – 2023’s Guide - May 25, 2023