Each of the website users comes across the browser extensions. In any single issue, whether it is photo editing, grammar or spelling detection, SEO ranking, or finding the needed font, you may use an appropriate extension to solve it. Revealing the availability of extensions will ease your working process as well as save your time. So, in this article, we shall discuss 10 must-have extensions for the WordPress website.
What are the Extensions?
All of us encounter these extensions in our everyday use. Many designers and developers highly appreciate the Google Chrome browser as it gives a vast opportunity to add a huge variety of time-saving options.
So, the extensions for the browser have almost the same functionality as the plugins for the WordPress website. This means that the extensions add essential features and options to your browser.
Moreover, these extensions have various functionalities. They may block the annoying ads on websites, improve the SEO rank, and correct your grammar mistakes. In addition, they can be related to shopping, games, translation, etc.
These extensions are widely used not only by Google Chrome but also by Safari, Internet Explorer, Opera, and Edge. Many people use several extensions on the same browser. But before activating one of them, you need to consider that the extensions may be both helpful and harmful. These dangerous ones are almost always provided by third-party websites and can affect your browser in a bad way.
How to Add Extensions to Your Browser?
If you want to add some new Google Chrome extensions to your browser, you just need to follow these instructions:
- Enter the Google Chrome Store.
- Find or search for the extension you wish. Alternatively, you are able to select a needed category from the recommended ones.
- After choosing one of the extensions, you can add it to your browser easily.
As you may see it is simple and quite quick.
So, it’s time to present 10 must-have extensions for your browser that will help to increase your WP website functionality, too.
1. Scan WP
Scan WP is a WordPress themes and plugins detector. This is for those who want to know how this or that WP website is built and what plugins it uses. After installing the Scan WP extension, you will have an opportunity to see the structure of any WordPress website easily and effectively. With the assistance of this extension, you are capable to gain information about the domain, as well. Know what are the strongest keywords, site traffic, main contender, etc.
It scores up to 20.000 and more users on the official Chrome website.
Checkbot is a strong extension that can check more than 100 pages with one click within a few minutes. Currently, it has more than 40000 users and a “5-star” rating on Google Extension Market. There are Free and Pro versions available. The price for the Premium version is $10 per month.
The Checkbot extension has many features, such as:
- Reveals the SEO issues.
- Measures the speed and security.
- Finds out the broken links.
- Highlights the duplicate titles, not secured passwords.
With the Checkbot Chrome extension you will have the following benefits:
- High SEO rank, speed, security.
- You will save your time and money from wasting them on different testings.
- This will enable you to solve even the most unexpected problems before they are displayed on the live platform.
- You can check all the working sites.
- Checkbot will instantly give you a precise feedback.
The Grammarly extension is one of the most widespread among Google Chrome web store users. It assists you to write more clearly and correctly due to the professional suggestions. These recommendations will improve not only your grammar but spelling, style, tone, etc.
So, the extension has almost 10 million users and a 4.6 out of the “5-stars” rating.
Grammarly offers you 2 versions: Free and Pro.
There are two Pro plans for Grammarly users:
- Premium- $12 per month (for individuals)
- Business- $12.50 per month (for a team member)
Here are the main benefits of utilizing the Grammarly extension:
- Simple editing
- Quick grammar check
- Corrected grammatical mistakes and punctuation
- Right spelling
- Revealed Unclear and word-stuffed sentences
- Compatibility with many websites, such as:
- Google Docs
- High-standard feedbacks
- Tone detection
- Improved idiomatic phrasing and grammar for multilingual users
Meet your keyword searcher named Ubersuggest. It is a powerful tool to find valuable keywords and gives Cost-per-Click and insight for all the found keywords. The extension has over 300.000 users. And it works with:
Ubersuggest offers two versions: Free and Pro and a 7-day free trial. Here are the Pro version’s monthly packages:
- Individual- $12
- Business- $20
- Enterprise/Agency- $40
And here are the most essential features of this super extension:
- Graphs and trends
- Traffic estimation
- Backlink data for improving link-building strategy
- Location and language customization
- Related Keywords, Trend Chart, Trending Keywords, and long-tail keywords suggestions
5. What Font
In addition to the mentioned extensions, we would like to talk about What Font. This is a big help to the developers and web designers who always waste the time by identifying what font the visited websites used to get this or that result.
More than 100.000 users recommend this extension. So with its assistance, you may know:
- Font name
The What Font extension supports Google API. Therefore, you can gain information about all Google Fonts.
The Commerce Inspector extension assists you to find out all the e-commerce secrets. It has more than 100.000 users and offers two versions: Free and Pro. Here you may meet the Pro monthly packages:
- Start- $49
- Grow- $99
- Scale- $249
- Conquer- $499
By adding the extension you may gain these functions:
- Product Insights.
- Collection-specific Statistics (product current activity, count, etc.).
- Find out the apps that are utilized in that store.
- Obtain information about the sales (only in the Pro version).
- See the FB ads that are currently launched.
So, this extension provides almost all the features to improve your e-commerce strategy.
If you are a web developer, or generally a developer, then you will probably appreciate the Web Developer extension. It has over 1.000.000 users and scores 4.5 out of 5-stars.
When you add it to your browser, it brings a lot of web developing tools such as Cookies, CSS, Forms, Images, etc. with the toolbar button above. This extension is available for Firefox, Google Chrome, and Opera.
The Wappalyzer extension has a good advantage of showing what stands behind the websites. The Wappalyzer extension has more than 1.000.000 users and a 4.6 out of 5-stars rating. It offers 2 versions: Free and Pro: So here you can see the monthly prices for the Pro version packages:
- Starter- $99
- Team- $249
- Business- $449
With this extension you can find out:
- CMS that the website uses
- E-commerce platform
- Programming languages
- Payment Processors
- Marketing tools
- CRM, etc.
Another must-have extension for your WordPress website is ColorZilla with up to 2.000.000 users and a 4.4 out of 5-stars rating.
The Colorzilla color picker extension will help you to have a color selection opportunity from any part of the browser, copy and paste it into the other programs. Here are the extension’s super features:
- Ultimate CSS Gradient Generator
- Advanced Color Picker
- Palette Viewer with 7 installed palettes
- Keyboard shortcuts, etc
The list is very wide, so you can see all the features of the ColorZilla extension by entering the link.
If you like photo editing then this extension is exactly for you. It is quite easy to edit pictures with PhotoPad Photo Editor. Moreover, you can do it directly in your browser. The extension has more than 8000 users and offers these features freely:
- Cropping and rotating pictures
- Catching a photo and uploading it directly from your web camera
- Creating collages
- Using various filters
- Retouching photos
- Applying Blur, Vignette, Pixelate, Sharpen, Local Focus effects, etc
So, the list of the offered features is very big. And if you seek to know more about the extension you can visit its official website.
Watch the video tutorial on our channel:
Summing up, you have already known that in order to increase your WordPress website functionality you can use various extensions in your browser. Working with appropriate extensions will ease your life as a developer or simply as a user. You may find at least one extension for your different aims starting from grammar detection to revealing another WP website’s structure. Most of these extensions are absolutely free. Some of them offer payable advanced versions with monthly packages. They are easy and quick to use. And if you select the right extensions, then you will fulfill your aims related to the website.
So, in this article, we have chosen some of the most important extensions for developers or simply for users who want to ease their experience while using WordPress. Some of these extensions may help you to improve your website content, some will quickly detect your competitor’s actions and website structures to help you always be a step ahead of them.
- The Most Flexible Wishlist for WooCommerce – Analytics and Emails Plugin – Review 2023 - November 1, 2022
- Quform Plugin Review 2023 – The Only WordPress Form Plugin You Need For Your Site - October 24, 2022
- WooCommerce Product Filters Plugin by Barn2 Review - October 19, 2022