Today as technology continues to grow very fast, traditional payment methods are becoming old and less effective. So, your non-profit site starts to depend on online donations. In fact, to promote the online donations on your site it is important to implement a donation button on it. At this point, we are going to speak about PayPal. PayPal donation button is highly customizable and is easily set up. So in this article, we. are going to speak about “How to create a PayPal Donation Button on WordPress?”.
Why Choose PayPal?
So, many bloggers add PayPal donations to cover the website fees. In addition, many nonprofit organizations also add the mentioned button. Because this is an easy way to gather donations online.
- The biggest advantage of PayPal is that it is very affordable. Moreover, the standard PayPal account is free of charge. Along with this fact, PayPal offers transactions fees with discounts. And if you have a non-profit site, then you do not need to pay extra fees while setting up your website or for withdrawals, statements, and cancellations.
- Besides, you can customize the button size, delete logos from the credit cards or use your customized photos on them, instead. But, on this condition, you need to host the photo on its URL.
- PayPal works quite quickly. So you can access your funds by seeing your money within less than a minute after the donation. Moreover, you can send the money to your non-profit business’s bank account without being charged.
- It is secure as PayPal offers an automatic fraud screening. It helps to protect the site owner and donors. The system is PCI compliant. This makes your donors sure that their card credentials will remain secure. Besides, having a PayPal donation button on your website enables you not to have an SSL certificate.
- Referring to PayPal plans it is important to mention that its Standard plan is absolutely free. Moreover, it offers transaction rates with discounts and does not require paying monthly fees. On the contrary, the Pro version includes all the Standard benefits and a $30 monthly fee. Yet there is a benefit you can not find in the Free Standard version. The donors may stay on the site during the personal information filling process. Otherwise, they can be redirected to the appropriate PayPal page.
- In addition, the PayPal network includes around 375.000.000+ users in more than two hundred markets. So you can contact the donors worldwide.
- In fact, within 2020 nonprofits obtained about $17 billion via PayPal.
- This platform enables you to convert 1-time donors to loyal ones. Almost half of the givers claim that they would make a donation if it proceeds via PayPal.
Along with this big list of advantages, PayPal has one disadvantage, too. Unfortunately, it offers limited options for customization.
Hundred of thousands of people receive money through PayPal each year. Due to its huge functionalities, PayPal is a convenient way of getting your online donations. For this reason, the payment system offers you plenty of solutions you may check below:
With this solution, you can add a donation button easily just in 15 minutes without having any programming skills. Here are its features:
- Acceptance of credit, debit cards, and PayPal
- Selecting the donation amount
- Donation to specific programs
- Acceptance of recurring donations
- Low friction donations with Email, QR codes, and URLs support
This one is a simple yet reliable method for gathering payments. There are no setup and other charges. The Standard is 2.9% in addition to $0.30 per any transaction.
This solution is highly effective in assisting people to participate in charities online. People donate on PayPal, eBay, and other platforms. After the donation process, they get a receipt. With this solution, the collected money is transferred to the Charities’ PayPal accounts.
This one is for those, who want to accept cards and start to sell right now due to the fast setup process. One more benefit is that its battery is quickly charged and can operate for up to eight hours. In other words, you may use it for 100 transactions.
With PayPal, you will get a highly affordable, secure, and quick donation process. Of course, one should ask “How to add PayPal button for donations to WordPress?”. Answering this question, we would like to note, that there are plenty of methods to do so. But in this article, we are going to discuss adding a donation button manually to your WordPress.
How To Add PayPal Donation Button to WordPress Manually?
To clarify, a donation button is clickable and is placed on a website of a certain organization. It leads the potential donors to the page of donations. This enables them to transfer the funds without any hassle.
In order to manage this process you need to follow these steps:
Before this step it is better you have a PayPal account created. Or else you need to create one. After that, you should move forward to the section “Pay and Get Paid” and select “PayPal buttons“. After this, you are redirected to the other page where you should select the “Donate” option. On this page, you will get all the requirements for further actions.
After fulfilling all the required instructions you need to press the “Finish and Get Code” button.
Here you get a “Sharable link“. You need to copy it right away.
At this point, you need to relocate the copied link to WordPress. So this means, that you need to enter your WordPress admin area and select a post or page where you want to paste the donation button. After choosing one you need to add a “Custom HTML” block in case you use the Gutenberg Block Editor, or paste the code in the text version of your content in case you use the Classic Editor.
Here you need to be very attentive. As you have to do some editing actions in the taken code from PayPal. To clarify, you should change “Your sharable link that you got from PayPal” phrase with the link copied on Paypal.
So, you are about all set. And here you can see the added button.
You can probably wonder why we attach the shareable link rather than a full donate button code. This is chosen only to make the process easier for you. So, you can customize the donation image very quickly.
Button Designs Offered By PayPal
PayPal offers you these designs to implement on your donation button.
All you need to do is copy one of these links and paste it into the code provided below.
So, here are some of the existing variants:
<img src="https://www.paypal.com/en_US/i/btn/btn_donate_LG.gif" alt="Click to Donate" />
<img src="https://www.paypal.com/en_US/i/btn/btn_donateCC_LG.gif" alt="Click to Donate" />
<img src="https://www.paypal.com/en_US/i/btn/btn_donate_SM.gif" alt="Click to Donate" />
<img src="https://www.paypal.com/en_US/i/btn/x-click-but21.gif" alt="Click to Donate" />
<img src="https://www.paypal.com/en_US/i/btn/x-click-but04.gif" alt="Click to Donate" />
<img src="https://www.paypal.com/en_US/i/btn/x-click-but11.gif" alt="Click to Donate" />
Or if you do not like any of these variants with the appropriate code then you create your own option. To do so, you need to go to your WordPress admin area. Move to the post where you need to put the donation button. Upload the needed photo to the “Image Library” of WordPress. And after that, copy the needed image URL and paste it to the image section of your code.
Summing up, you’ve already known the importance of the donation buttons on your nonprofit organization’s website. Some bloggers use this method to cover the website costs. Some others truly help other people with different types of donations. In these two ways, the needed component for your website donations is PayPal. It is proven and recommended method for this aim. Due to its many advantages such as being highly affordable, secure, quick, and easy operations, PayPal remains in the top place among the businessmen and website owners.
So, if you use WordPress for building your website, then you can use different plugins to attach a donation button. Yet, if you do not like using plugins then you can add that button manually. Saying manually means you will proceed with the operation via code. So, in order to successfully complete this action, you need to sign in to your PayPal account then move forward to fulfill the above-mentioned steps.
You should be very attentive in order not to miss any of these steps. Because having a donation page is not enough for the givers to make their donations. You need to have a call-to-action button like the mentioned button that will lead them to that page. Besides, with the content on the donation button, you promote and engage more donors. For this reason, it is better to place the button somewhere highly prominent on your website. So that the visitors find it easily.
- Newsomatic – Create Automatic News Posts on WordPress - June 24, 2022
- Best WordPress Cookie Consent Plugins – 2022 Comparison - June 23, 2022
- Wiremo VS Judge.me – Which Review Plugin is Better? - June 22, 2022