Barcodes are encoding labels and tags. They are added to items to track, search, and find them more easily with PC, mobile, or specific scanners. As a result, this gives your online store a huge package of benefits by decreasing the confusion related to human-made mistakes. Compared to manually added data, working with barcodes is much easier and faster. So, if you use WordPress then you have a vast opportunity to add barcodes to your WooCommerce store items. So, in this review, we have spotted the best barcode plugins for WooCommerce.
Why Should You Use Barcodes on WooCommerce?
Each barcode stores big info about a certain product. So, by scanning them you will access that information immediately and very easily. So, implementing barcodes on your WooCommerce store items will benefit your company and business in an enormous way. Therefore, you will not suffer from various errors derived from the process of manually gathering and entering the data. So, you will have more correct information gathered to track. As a result, this will assist you to make data-driven business decisions.
Adding barcodes is more important for those WooCommerce shops selling perishable products such as food. So, they must keep all the regulations. And the availability of barcodes will be highly effective in this process because they keep total control over their inventory.
Taking into account all these advantages, it is recommended to activate one of the below-listed best barcode plugins for WooCommerce. These are budget-friendly solutions. Instead of hiring many employees to carry out the inventory management, you may simply activate both the free and premium plugins to do this automatically.
Interested? Let’s review each plugin’s functionalities.
So, the 1st plugin from our list is Product Barcode Generator. It has more than 200 active installations on WordPress.
This plugin helps you easily create product barcodes based on the item’s SKU number, IT, and Title.
The most beneficial characteristics of this plugin are its automatic generation and display function. As well as it is easily customizable. Moreover, the Product Barcode Generator plugin supports all types of items and suggests a live preview before the operation. By saying this, we suppose such product types as Simple, grouped, external (or affiliate), and variable parent.
Currently, the plugin’s free version supports CODE128 (Auto), UPC(A), EAN-13, and EAN-8 formats.
Besides, one more significant fact about this plugin is that you are free to customize the product titles and printing typography, position, alignment, and colors.
There are many other professional and advanced features included in the plugin’s paid version. Along with many useful settings, you will receive more formats to generate barcodes. Surely, the list of Premium features is not limited to this one only. Here you can find the paid plans’ pricing:
- Single – $45 (1 site/ year)
- Plus – $70 (1 site/ lifetime) – this is the most recommended plan
- Infinite – $200 (100 sites/ lifetime)
Here is another plugin from our best ones’ list – Yith WooCommerce Barcodes and QR Codes. Due to this plugin, you can generate and apply barcodes and QR codes to your WooCommerce products automatically. The process does not demand high effort and can be figured out very quickly. Instead, you will improve your e-commerce order statuses and stock management. There is a printable list for all barcodes. This will assist you to create physical product stickers.
One more important feature of the plugin is that it enables you to search for an item through its barcode. Not only can you search the items but also orders and their statuses through the provided barcodes.
Moreover, after scanning the barcode you can choose to increase or decrease the product stock.
The Yith WooCommerce Barcode and QR Code plugin provides 10 formats to generate barcodes:
- QR Code
- CODE 39
- CODE 93
- INT 25
- STD 25
- CODE 128
As well as you are able to generate a QR code via the product URL.
Surely, the plugin’s features are not limited to the mentioned points.
The Yith WooCommerce Barcode and QR Code plugin is compatible with these plugins:
- Yith Event Tickets for WooCommerce
- Yith Point of Sale for WooCommerce
The price for the pro package is €79.99 per year. This provides the users 1 year of updates and what is more important 30-day money-back guarantee.
The EAN for WooCommerce plugin manages product Global Trade Item Number (UPC-A, ISBN-13, EAN-13, EAN-8, JAN, Custom) on the WooCommerce shop.
The plugin was developed by WPFactory. And currently, it has more than 6,000 active installations. Also, it scores more than 35 5-stars on WordPress.
So, here are the key functionalities that you might mostly appreciate:
- Saving product’s EAN in the backend
- Setting EAN for variable products
- Searching by EAN both in the front and backend
- Choosing to show EAN on a product, shop, or cart pages
- Importing/exporting EAN
- Shortcode usage, etc.
Besides, you will be provided with EAN generation, copying, assigning, adding, and deleting (in bulk, periodically, or automatically) tools.
These functions are available in the plugin’s free version. However, if you want to access more professional ones, you can activate the Pro version. Here is the pricing:
- Single Site – $29.99 per year
- Unlimited Sites – $79.99 per year
By upgrading to one of the paid plans you will receive such features as:
- Barcode image generation and display for the product EAN
- One and Two-dimensional barcodes
- Multiple EANs and barcodes printing to PDF files
- Adding multiple extra fields, etc.
The fourth plugin from our list is Simple Inventory Management. It has more than 400 active installations and 14 5-stars on WordPress.
The plugin enables you to easily and quickly manage product inventory and prices. It assists the users to find products, orders, SKUs, and IDs by scanning barcodes. Afterward, the plugin automatically begins to search for the requested item through its barcode. But in case you do not have a scanner device you may definitely switch to the “Enter” mode and write the needed details and find the item within a few seconds.
So, the search speed is highly optimized. Therefore, you will not have to wait for the results for a long time.
Significantly, the plugin supports all barcode scanners. This also refers to barcode types. It supports all of them if your scanning device does so.
Along with the free version, the plugin provides its pro version with these pricing plans:
- Basic – €35 (1 site/ 1year of updates)
- Business – €59 (1 site/ 1 year of updates, more features)
- Premium – €129 (10 sites/ 1 year of updates)
The last but not least plugin from our list is QR Codes and Barcode Generator Label Printing by WooAddons. It enables the users to generate and print physical barcodes, product labels, and QR Codes. Each label must have a scannable QR and barcode, SKU, item title, and price. So, here are the main characteristics of this plugin.
- Product variations print
- Lifetime free plugin updates with 1 purchase
- QR code printing
- Adding a unique barcode to each label
- Scannable barcodes, etc.
Furthermore, there are more than 10 different barcode types.
There are two license types available:
- Regular License – $99
- Extended License – $147
So, by purchasing this plugin you will not be obliged to pay any monthly fees. Instead with your one-time purchase, you can get free plugin updates and high-scaled support service.
As you met the most important features of the selected best barcode plugins for WooCommerce let us compare them in the table:
|Plugin Name||Active Installations/ Sales||Pricing|
|Product Barcode Generator||200+||$45 – $200|
|Yith WooCommerce Barcodes and QR Codes.||8,000+||$79.99|
|EAN for WooCommerce||6,000+||$29.99 – $79.99|
|Simple Inventory Management||400+||€35 – €129|
|QR Codes and Barcode Generator Label Printing||141||$99 – $147|
So, in this article, you encountered some of the best barcode plugins for WooCommerce. These plugins will help you to manage your inventory process, automate the product search, and encode product information. Furthermore, it relatively increases your WooCommerce store accuracy and saves a lot of time.
- If you are a beginner on WordPress and wandering to find a good guide to learn from then you will definitely benefit from the “Beginners Guide” section.
- Best lists provide you with a big opportunity to find an appropriate plugin or theme for your WordPress website. So, taking this factor into consideration, we offer you to read the “Top Lists” section to find out your needed plugin for any purpose you wish.
- Besides, the best plugins are reviewed here in the “Plugins Review” section.
- Keep following the “Deals” section to know the latest WordPress deals.
- If you are a plugin developer or a marketer working in the WordPress sphere then you can effectively benefit from the “Plugin Promotion” section providing various marketing tips and tricks.
- So, in the “Comparisons” section, you will encounter interesting articles comparing and revealing the best from the two suggested WordPress products.
- The last section is “Myth or Reality” presenting rumors and disclaimers about this or that WP plugin.
Promote your WordPress plugin or SaaS product with WPGlob. Choose your preferred service from the list.
- Best Halloween Deals for WordPress | 2023 - September 19, 2023
- 5 Proven Ways to Make Your Website More Engaging for Users - July 11, 2023
- Prices By User Role for WooCommerce Plugin | Review - June 8, 2023